Pence “the U.S. Embassy will be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by the end of 2019”
Pence said he’s confident a single issue will not doom relationships with most allies.
Because the Qumran Caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in 1947 are located in what is now known the West Bank, government officials in Germany refuse to provide written assurances that the Dead Sea Scrolls would be protected from confiscation by the Palestinian Authority as their own. The Scrolls have been scheduled to go on exhibit at Frankfurt’s Bible Museum since 2015 but will remain in Israel unless the German government reverses course and agrees to provide the required protections for these national treasures. The Palestinian Authority has attempted to claim ownership of the Dead Sea Scrolls and has been reportedly planning to demand that UNESCO order Israel to surrender the Scrolls, despite that fact that they are written in Hebrew and support the literal text of the Tanakh, or Old Testament as we know it today.
In 1945, The United Nations replaced the ineffective League of Nations in hope of preventing another world war. The intention was honorable and in its inceptive years, the United Nations were very influential in a positive way. One example is without a doubt the vote in favor of declaring the State of Israel in 1948. It was both historic and prophetic. Much has happened in the last 70 years, and not always in favor of Israel. As a matter of fact, more resolutions have been passed against Israel at the United Nations than any other countries in the world. [Read more…]
“The sculpture, created by Russian Jewish artist Mark Antokolsky in 1876, is part of a collection of more than 150 artworks by 40 Jewish and Israeli artists who have used Christian imagery to challenge long-held taboos in both communities. It showcases the evolving attitudes of Jewish, Zionist and Israeli artists toward a figure whose place in Jewish history has been negotiated and reinterpreted over more than two millennia.”
God promised the Holy Land to the people of Israel, Pope Francis said during a public address at the Vatican in Rome on Wednesday in a speech about migration.
“The people of Israel, who from Egypt, where they were enslaved, walked through the desert for forty years until they reached the land promised by God,” he said.
Pope Francis spoke just before granting a brief audience to Israeli Deputy Minister for Regional Cooperation Ayoub Kara to thank him for his efforts on behalf of the Church and Christians in Israel.
Kara told reporters he felt that the pontiff was sending a direct message to UNESCO, whose World Heritage Committee approved a resolution that ignored Jewish ties to the Temple Mount.
When he spoke with Pope Francis he thanked him for his statement acknowledging Israel’s rights to the Holy Land. He added that there is no question that the resolution is harmful to Christians and the Scriptures because it “distorts historical and theological facts.”
The resolution, Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein wrote, “is an assault on history and is deeply offensive to both Christianity and Judaism. The denial of the historicity of the two Jerusalem Temples and the Temple Mount as recounted in both the Old and New Testaments is a terrible indictment of the international community when repeatedly adopted by an important UN body.
“The outrageous repudiation of the millennia-old bond between Judaism and its holiest shrines in Jerusalem is a blatant attempt to rewrite history,” he added. “The annals of both our religions cannot be erased by raised hands and counted votes.”
If Arabs want to disavow the Jewish connection to the Temple Mount and Israel, they should take it one step further, she added: “If we were never here and Jesus was a Palestinian, then I suggest that UNESCO condemn the Palestinians for crucifying Jesus.”
The claim that “the Jews took the land” from the Palestinians is mere propaganda and is historically inaccurate.
There has never been a ‘country’ called #Palestine, with it’s own government, it’s own flag, it’s own currency, or anything else which defines a country. Nor has there has ever been an independent Islamic country in that area of the Middle East.
- In 1948, Israel was granted her independence from the British.
- The British controlled land since 1917 when General Allenby captured the area from the Ottoman Turks.
- The Ottoman Turks held the land since 1517, when they captured it from the Mamluke Sultanate.
- The Mamluke captured the land from the Crusaders in 1291 (when Acre, the last Crusader foothold fell)
- The Crusaders captured Jerusalem in 1099 from the Seljuk Turks forming the Kingdom of Jerusalem. This was perhaps the last time Palestine was independent. (Debate exists as to whether or not it was truly independent.)
- The Seljuk Turks were one of numerous caliphates to control Palestine after defeating the Byzantine Empire in 638. The various caliphates ruled from Cairo, Damascus, and/or Baghdad.
- The Byzantines held Palestine from 395 when the Roman Empire split. (except from 614-629 when the Persians held it.)
- The Roman Empire captured Palestine in 37 BC when King Herod was placed as King of Israel (a Roman provincial puppet state).
- Before the Romans held Palestine, it was an independent kingdom, the Hasmonean Dynasty for 103 years from 140-37 BC-a Jewish state.
- Before the Hasmonean Dynasty, Palestine was ruled by the Ptolemaic Dynasty of Egypt from 323 BC. Before then it was Alexander the Great’s from 332 BC.
- Before Alexander the Great, Palestine was ruled by the Persians from 539 BC.
- In 597 King Nebuchadnezzar II captured Judea (the Southern Kingdom of Israel) for Babylon.
- 720 BC, the Northern Kingdom fell to the Assyrians.
- 930 BC, the Kingdom of the Israelites was divided into two independent nations; Judea and Israel.
- 1000 BC, King David captured Jerusalem. This was the birth of the Kingdom of the Israelites
Despite all of the Leftist, Islamic propaganda designed to portray Palestinians as victims, the facts are on Israel’s side; Everyone should be proud to stand for #freedom and security with the nation of Israel.
- Israel, like America, as formed as a result of people escaping religious persecution.
- Israel is the only #democracy in the region, surrounded by dictatorships.
- As a democracy, Arabs receive equal rights and participation of representatives in the Knesset (government).
- As a democracy, Israel defends freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of assembly.
- Israel is a religiously pluralistic society, accepting of those who profess a faith other than Judaism.
- Israel is undeniably the historical, ancestral homeland of the #Jews, despite claims to the contrary by it’s detractors.
- Israel has made invaluable contributions to the world in the fields of medicine and technology.
- Israel has been cultivated to become the fruit basket of the region, exporting more food out of a desert environment than any other country in the world.
- Israel is an ally of the United States of America.
- Israel is actually grateful for American support.
- Israel stands against Islamic terrorism.
- For Bible believers, #Jewish and Christian alike, God specifically gave the land of Israel to the Jews.
- Israel has always wanted peace and has never started a military action against Arabs who identify as Palestinians.
- In matters of self defense, Israel actually inflicts fewer civilian casualties on its enemies than its enemies inflict on themselves.
- Israel does not force women and children to be human shields for sites in Gaza where rockets are launched into Israeli cities.
- Unlike it’s Islamic neighbors, Israel is tolerant of those in the LGBT community.
- Israel is the only country in the region which stands for Western values and equal rights.
- Christianity is Jewish…that’s right, Jesus is a #Jew.
Lev HaOlam gives the international community the opportunity to show their support for the Jewish pioneers of Judea and Samaria.
Small businesses represent an overwhelming majority of the economy in Judea and Samaria. The pioneer families, who devote their lives to redeeming this land, depend on these businesses to feed their families. International boycotts of goods made in Judea and Samaria are placing their livelihoods at risk.
The #Israel Matters campaign revolves around a modular display of 14 retractable stands of colorful panels, each seven feet high, which collectively tell Israel’s story through photographs and basic facts. The displays highlight significant issues and topics regarding Israel, the conflict, and Israel’s achievements and advancements in various fields like technology and the environment. The traveling display is available to students and communities to display it at local events, combat anti-Israel propaganda, and promote Israel locally. The StandWithUs displays are currently being used on campuses and in churches, synagogues and Jewish Federations throughout North America, Australia, and South Africa.
In the book of Genesis, G-d made a covenant with Abraham and his descendants (the #Jewish people) in which He unconditionally promised Abraham several things including many descendants, a specific area of land in the Middle East known as Israel and in verse 3, He also promised to reward those dealing with Israel and the Jewish people according to their behavior, as we read: “And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will #curse.”
This promise from G-d isn’t an empty one as we can track through biblical history how He caught up with those who mistreated Israel. It didn’t take long for G-d to punish Egypt with the death of all their firstborns as the tenth plague inflicted on the Egyptians whose Pharaoh–who didn’t know Joseph– had ordered the death of all male children of the Jewish slaves he controlled (Exodus 1:8-22; 11:1-7). A curse for a curse!
We can also look at the story that unfolds in the Book of Esther. Haman, the arch-enemy of the Jewish people wants to get rid of Mordecai and all his people, so he fabricates a story and builds gallows to hang Mordecai. By the end of the book, it is Haman who is hanging dead on the gallows (Esther 3:5-15; 7:7-10), again…A curse for a curse!
But the #Genesis 12:3 principle doesn’t stop with the biblical narrative. It continues through time as we can see with the Spanish empire that had been leading Western Europe for close to 600 years until the late 1400’s. That era was known as the “Golden Age” of Spain and it lasted until 1492, a date that according to most historians and scholars isn’t only the time when Christopher Columbus “sailed the ocean blue”, but also the year when Queen Isabella chose to drive out all the #Jews of Spain. Subsequently, 1492 became known as the start of the decline of the Spanish empire.
Genesis 12:3 could be labelled “G-d’s foreign policy as it pertains to Israel.” And if indeed G-d keeps his word, He will catch up with all the enemies of Israel sooner or later. Sometimes sooner, sometimes not, sometimes with a similar curse, but not necessarily always with matching curses.
Looking at the situation in Europe today, it is hard not to connect the impact of #radical Islam to the behavior of certain countries towards Israel. All or most of the countries of the current #European Union have had a history of #antisemitism that, one way or another, can be traced back to the second Century BCE. Consider just a few of the European countries who expelled their Jewish communities over the last 600 years (several more could be listed):
England: Expelled the Jews in 1290
France: Expelled the Jews in 1306, 1321-22, 1394
Spain: Expelled the Jews in 1492
Sicily: Expelled the Jews in 1492-93
Lithuania: Expelled the Jews in 1495
Portugal: Expelled the Jews in 1496-97
Germany: Expelled the Jews in 1510, 1610, 1885
Bavaria: Expelled the Jews in 1551
Italy: Expelled the Jews 1567, 69, 1593
Austria: Expelled the Jews in 1670
Czechoslovakia: Expelled the Jews in 1745
Russia: Expelled the Jews in 1891
This doesn’t include a record of other major events in the annals of Jewish history that have punctuated the Jewish people’s story with horrific acts of antisemitism such as the Crusades, the Blood Libels, The Host Desecration accusations, Talmud burnings, the Inquisition, the Pogroms and of course the Holocaust. Without performing an in-depth socio-demographic study of all these countries, we can still speculate that there might be a connection between the treatment of their respective Jewish communities and how G-d might be responding in the twenty-first century.
Radical Islam had already almost impregnated all European countries until very recently. People like Bat Ye’or saw the hand-writing on the wall of European civilization as early as the mid 1970s in her seminal work Eurabia. Mark Steyn understood the demographics “point of no return” in 2006 in his book America Alone. I wrote about it as early as 2000 in my first book They Have Conspired Against You.
With the advent of the migrant crisis in the last two years, Europe has now been placed on a collision course. Germany and Sweden are leading the way in what could become to the first country wide cultural suicides. They are plagued by a brand of #political correctness that has crippled them. They have lost their ability and in some cases their willingness to fight for their native sovereignty and established law of the land. Belgium, England and France are not far behind.
While we cannot dogmatically ascertain the connection between Jewish expulsions and #God’s curse, there is a strong possibility that the steady, exponential and irreversible decline of Europe might be a result of these nations disdain for the chosen people of G-d. This certainly doesn’t place all Muslim as a curse to Europe, just like not all Germans were Nazis, but one cannot ignore the on-going cultural and demographic jihad happening in Europe. “G-d’s foreign policy as it pertains to Israel,” doesn’t allow for any grey areas. You bless or you curse and the results, while not always immediate and similar, have always been in kind– a curse for a curse and a #blessing for a blessing– The wake-up call is imminent and many will be surprised!