The claim that “the Jews took the land” from the Palestinians is mere propaganda and is historically inaccurate.
There has never been a ‘country’ called #Palestine, with it’s own government, it’s own flag, it’s own currency, or anything else which defines a country. Nor has there has ever been an independent Islamic country in that area of the Middle East.
- In 1948, Israel was granted her independence from the British.
- The British controlled land since 1917 when General Allenby captured the area from the Ottoman Turks.
- The Ottoman Turks held the land since 1517, when they captured it from the Mamluke Sultanate.
- The Mamluke captured the land from the Crusaders in 1291 (when Acre, the last Crusader foothold fell)
- The Crusaders captured Jerusalem in 1099 from the Seljuk Turks forming the Kingdom of Jerusalem. This was perhaps the last time Palestine was independent. (Debate exists as to whether or not it was truly independent.)
- The Seljuk Turks were one of numerous caliphates to control Palestine after defeating the Byzantine Empire in 638. The various caliphates ruled from Cairo, Damascus, and/or Baghdad.
- The Byzantines held Palestine from 395 when the Roman Empire split. (except from 614-629 when the Persians held it.)
- The Roman Empire captured Palestine in 37 BC when King Herod was placed as King of Israel (a Roman provincial puppet state).
- Before the Romans held Palestine, it was an independent kingdom, the Hasmonean Dynasty for 103 years from 140-37 BC-a Jewish state.
- Before the Hasmonean Dynasty, Palestine was ruled by the Ptolemaic Dynasty of Egypt from 323 BC. Before then it was Alexander the Great’s from 332 BC.
- Before Alexander the Great, Palestine was ruled by the Persians from 539 BC.
- In 597 King Nebuchadnezzar II captured Judea (the Southern Kingdom of Israel) for Babylon.
- 720 BC, the Northern Kingdom fell to the Assyrians.
- 930 BC, the Kingdom of the Israelites was divided into two independent nations; Judea and Israel.
- 1000 BC, King David captured Jerusalem. This was the birth of the Kingdom of the Israelites
Despite all of the Leftist, Islamic propaganda designed to portray Palestinians as victims, the facts are on Israel’s side; Everyone should be proud to stand for #freedom and security with the nation of Israel.
- Israel, like America, as formed as a result of people escaping religious persecution.
- Israel is the only #democracy in the region, surrounded by dictatorships.
- As a democracy, Arabs receive equal rights and participation of representatives in the Knesset (government).
- As a democracy, Israel defends freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of assembly.
- Israel is a religiously pluralistic society, accepting of those who profess a faith other than Judaism.
- Israel is undeniably the historical, ancestral homeland of the #Jews, despite claims to the contrary by it’s detractors.
- Israel has made invaluable contributions to the world in the fields of medicine and technology.
- Israel has been cultivated to become the fruit basket of the region, exporting more food out of a desert environment than any other country in the world.
- Israel is an ally of the United States of America.
- Israel is actually grateful for American support.
- Israel stands against Islamic terrorism.
- For Bible believers, #Jewish and Christian alike, God specifically gave the land of Israel to the Jews.
- Israel has always wanted peace and has never started a military action against Arabs who identify as Palestinians.
- In matters of self defense, Israel actually inflicts fewer civilian casualties on its enemies than its enemies inflict on themselves.
- Israel does not force women and children to be human shields for sites in Gaza where rockets are launched into Israeli cities.
- Unlike it’s Islamic neighbors, Israel is tolerant of those in the LGBT community.
- Israel is the only country in the region which stands for Western values and equal rights.
- Christianity is Jewish…that’s right, Jesus is a #Jew.
Lev HaOlam gives the international community the opportunity to show their support for the Jewish pioneers of Judea and Samaria.
Small businesses represent an overwhelming majority of the economy in Judea and Samaria. The pioneer families, who devote their lives to redeeming this land, depend on these businesses to feed their families. International boycotts of goods made in Judea and Samaria are placing their livelihoods at risk.
Defend Israel from Anti-Israel Attacks Across the Globe
is iIsrael is under constant deadly terrorist knife and rocket #attacks.
Israel is our ally. It’s our duty to defend them.
ACLJ is co-sponsoring the largest global conference to fight these attempts to delegitimize Israel.
ACLJ is bringing together Ambassadors, lawyers, judges, and academics from across the world to educate and equip them to combat the growing anti-Semitic, #anti-Israel attacks.
ACLJ is taking on dozens of cases in the U.S. and now expanding the scope of our work through this global conference.
But ACLJ needs these global leaders to hear from you now. Add your name:
Click Here to Sign the Petition to Defend Israel from Anti-Israel Attacks Across the Globe
The #Israel Matters campaign revolves around a modular display of 14 retractable stands of colorful panels, each seven feet high, which collectively tell Israel’s story through photographs and basic facts. The displays highlight significant issues and topics regarding Israel, the conflict, and Israel’s achievements and advancements in various fields like technology and the environment. The traveling display is available to students and communities to display it at local events, combat anti-Israel propaganda, and promote Israel locally. The StandWithUs displays are currently being used on campuses and in churches, synagogues and Jewish Federations throughout North America, Australia, and South Africa.
Quote from Mark Twain: “Concerning the Jews”
“If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly, the Jew ought hardly to be heard of; but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people… His contributions to the world’s list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also way out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvelous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him.
The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished…
All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?”
How would YOU have answered Mark Twain? What is the secret to the Jewish people’s immortality?
In 1867, Mark Twain, author of “Huckleberry Finn” and “Tom Sawyer”, toured the Holy Land. This is how he described the land: “There is not a solitary village throughout its whole extent – not for thirty miles in either direction. There are two or three small clusters of Bedouin tents, but not a single permanent habitation. One may ride ten miles, hereabouts, and not see ten human beings.”
A series of biblical and #Zionist-themed paintings by Salvador Dalí has gone on private display in the heart of New York City in an effort to showcase through art the historical connection of the Jewish people to the land of Israel, the collection’s owner told The Algemeiner. Art dealer Hillel Philip, who owns one of 250 sets of prints of Dalí’s little-known “#Aliyah, the Rebirth of Israel” series, told The Algemeiner, “You have all of Jewish history, all the dreams of […]
With a media blitz, the Islamic State has set its sights on Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula as the next shot at expanding its empire and establishing a base from which to attack neighboring #Israel.